On the hunt for a new favorite recipe to add to your list of staples? The team at BayPointe Crossing Apartments in Virginia Beach, Virginia encourages you to try your hand at this delicious option.
If you’re looking for something lighter than potato salad, this Watermelon and Feta Salad the perfect substitute side dish for any summer potluck, party, or BBQ. Plus, watermelon is mostly water, which helps to keep you hydrated and fill you up at the same time. It also contains many nutrients and is full of vitamins C and A!
Best of all, putting this Watermelon and Feta Salad together couldn’t be easier. The freshness of the watermelon pairs perfectly with the saltiness of the feta cheese, and the fresh mint adds the ideal finishing touch. All in all, it creates an absolutely heavenly precursor to your grilled baby back ribs or smoked chicken with plenty of barbecue sauce. Can’t you just taste the winning combo together, already?
• ½ large chilled seedless watermelon, cut into 1-inch cubes
• 1 small red onion, sliced
• 1 cup fresh basil leaves, thinly sliced
• 1 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
• ½ cup fresh mint leaves, minced
• 2 limes, juiced
• 1 (4-ounce) package crumbled feta cheese
• 3 tablespoons olive oil
• 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar, or more to taste
• Salt and ground black pepper to taste
1. Once all of the ingredients are properly prepared, gently toss watermelon, onion, basil, cilantro, mint, lime juice, feta cheese, olive oil, balsamic vinegar, salt, and black pepper together in a large bowl.