Boneless, skinless chicken breasts have a bad reputation for being dry and flavorless when cooked. Unlike chicken thighs, which consist of fattier cuts of meat, breast meat is often reserved for sandwiches, salads, and other recipes that benefit from leaner protein. However, that doesn’t mean that chicken breasts can’t be enjoyed as part of a rich, decadent meal! Here, we present an unbeatable recipe for Melt In Your Mouth Chicken, which combines creamy ingredients with lean chicken breasts for an unforgettable meal the entire family will love.
Melt In Your Mouth Chicken
• 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, trimmed of excess fat
• 4 cups milk or buttermilk
• 1 cup mayonnaise (or Greek yogurt for a healthier option)
• 1 cup parmesan, sharp cheddar, or asiago cheese, divided
• 1 tsp seasoning salt
• 1/2 tsp black pepper
• 1 tsp garlic powder
1. Cut each chicken breast into 3 large chunks or strips. Place chicken breast strips/chunks in a bowl of milk/buttermilk. Let it soak for 20 -30 min or overnight.
2. Preheat oven to 375 degrees F. In a small bowl, combine the mayonnaise, 1/2 cup of parmesan cheese, and seasonings.
3. Place chicken into a 9x13 baking dish. Spread the mixture evenly on top of the chicken breasts, and sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
4. Bake for about 40-45 minutes, or until cooked through. You can also finish them off under the broiler for a minute or two to get them extra crispy on top.
5. Serve with vegetables, potatoes, or a side salad, and enjoy!
After a long day, it can be tempting to order take-out for dinner. Instead of settling, the team at BayPointe Crossing Apartments in Virginia Beach, Virginia would like to suggest this delicious and nutritious alternative!