The countdown to everyone’s favorite holiday begins now! That’s right, there are only six more weeks to prepare for all of the spooky scariness of Halloween. The sweets, the movies, and of course, the decorations— there’s just so much you’ve come to love about the holiday, even as an adult.
Unfortunately, with the novel coronavirus, Halloween might look a bit different from Americans this year. You might not get to enjoy your usual round of activities, such as haunted houses, corn mazes, trunk-or-treats, and other annual, seasonal traditions that have graced cities, like Virginia Beach – but that doesn’t mean you cannot get into the festive spirit of the holiday.
Keep your Halloween bright and fun this year with a DIY project for a brand-new, homemade pumpkin and gourd wreath! The best thing about this project is that you can branch outside your usual Halloween color palette of purple, black, and lime green. Check out how to make your very own Colorful DIY Halloween Wreath below:
• Artificial mini pumpkins and gourds
• Spray paint, with colors of your choice
• Wreath form
• Glue gun and glue sticks
1. Decide on your colors. For example, this tutorial uses Design Master Colortool in Pink Glow and Coral, and Krylon in Sea Glass, Ballet Slipper, Sun Yellow, and Aqua.
2. Paint an equal number of pumpkins in each of your colors. Allow to thoroughly dry. Keep in mind that you may need to go back with a couple of extra coats for touchups.
3. Cut out arched strips of felt and glue them onto your wreath form with the glue gun to create a base for the pumpkins.
4. Layout the pumpkins around the Halloween wreath to get a general idea of how many you can fit and how full you’d like it to be. Next, glue on the larger pieces all the way around. Then, fill in with medium-sized pumpkins and finish by adding the smallest pieces where you need some extra filler.
Inspiration can come from anywhere – just ask the team at BayPointe Crossing Apartments in Virginia Beach, Virginia. By passing along this information, we hope to inspire you with new ideas, projects, and goals, too.